BATHURST TRIBUTE FOR 2018 FESTIVAL
Over the weekend of Jan 13/14, Hampton Downs will celebrate all things Bathurst. Our 2018 Legends now confirmed, with four of them competing in cars they raced around the famous Mt Panorama circuit.
Jim Richards, Steve Richards, Allan Moffat, John Bowe, Fred Gibson, John Goss and Paul Radisich are your 2018 legends and there will be ample opportunity to meet them over the coming weekend.
Here’s the line up on track…
- Historic Touring Car (NZ) Association have confirmed a large grid of iconic period correct Bathurst cars. Fans can expect to see a broad range of Super Tourer models in a 23-strong field, from the popular E30 and E36 BMW 3-series models to the later model Honda Accords, Nissan Primeras and Volvo S40s.
- Enzed Central Muscle Cars will celebrate the era to the end of the 70’s when V8 muscle was the only way to go
- The 4 Guys Legends of Bathurst Invitational field features over 20 cars with their own attachment to Bathurst – including several V8 Supercars.
- Formula Libra and Sportscars will feature an eclectic mix of open top racecars to the track that have provided so much entertainment over the years of Australasian motorsport
- Historic Formula Ford have always been a great proving ground for all drivers and will give a true experience of slipstream battles
- There will also be exhibition laps, featuring iconic cars and our Legends.
Entry to the Legends of Bathurst Invitational and the Show n Shine has now closed but we will consider late applications. If you wish to apply please email email@example.com
Tickets are on sale now from Ticketmaster click here to buy
Tickets are also able to be purchased on the day from the ticket office at Hampton Downs. Prices are as follows:
Youth (16-19 years): $30.00
15 and under: Free
Youth (16-19 years): $50.00
15 and under: Free
LEGENDS GT LOUNGE HOSPITALITY
Treat yourself and enjoy this event in style or get your key customers along. This is the ultimate spot to take in the action on track and you will get to meet our Legends of Bathurst. Top the experience off with great food and great service in the luxurious GT Lounge
– Access to GT Lounge where you will enjoy sweeping views of the track from the balcony
– VIP Parking
– Event Programme
– Morning Tea and Afternoon Tea
– Sumptuous buffet lunch
– Chance to win a Supercar Hot Lap
– Meet the Legends of Bathurst
– Enjoy a Q & A with the Legends of Bathurst daily
– Cash Bar will be in operation
Price: $175 + GST per person per day
LEGENDS ON STAGE – DINNER EVENT
SATURDAY 13 JANUARY, 6PM, Hampton Downs Pavilion
Bathurst holds a special place in the hearts of motorsport enthusiasts in NZ & Australia and everyone has their favourite Bathurst moment. Some of the best drivers in this part of the world made a name for themselves around Mt Panorama, and the Legends of Bathurst on Stage dinner will celebrate this in person with past and present drivers.
The evening will provide you with some up close and personal insights into the big race itself. It is a great way to start off the new year and is an event not to be missed.
- Located in the Pavilion, shared tables of 10;
- Revisit some classic moments from Bathurst on the big screen;
- Full Buffet Dinner;
- Greg Rust as Master of Ceremonies;
- Key Note Speakers – John Bowe & John Goss;
- Q & A with Jim Richards, Steve Richards, Allan Moffat, Fred Gibson & Paul Radisich;
- Special Guest Tony Quinn.
- Chance to win Memorabilia Items
The Hampton Downs Motorhome Park can accommodate up to 100 vehicles. Motorsport in a motorhome is a great experience and is very popular at major events all over the world. Why not grab a motorhome and get to the NZFMR with friends and family. A great place to find one is www.mighway.co.nz where you will find every day kiwis putting their motorhomes up for hire on a short term basis at competitive rates.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register you interest
HISTORY OF THE NZFMR
The New Zealand Festival of Motorsport has a rich history and has become an iconic classic motorsport event. Check out its history and some of the news articles from the past.